SINGLES, DOUBLES & SLAM DOUBLES
Every match is broken down into rounds of play. During a round of play, each player must throw all of his/her rings, alternating between the opposing players. A round is never completed until all players have thrown their respective rings. Players cannot slide their rings on to the board. Any ring that is slid on to the board will deemed a foul and the points do not count. All rings must at least hit within 1 ft from the front edge of the target board when throwing.
Singles Play - Player A competes against Player B.
- Both players stay in their designated lane for the entire game.
- Players start the game at the front edge of the cone and will alternate throwing rings until each player has pitched all his/her rings.
- Players then walk to the end of their lane to the other court, take score, and resume pitching back to the other target.
- The beginning of a round is completed when the first player pitches his/her first ring. The end of the round is completed when the remaining player throws his/her last ring.
Doubles Play - Team A competes against Team B; each team is comprised of maximum of two people.
- Each team will stay in their designated lane for the entire game.
- Players that are throwing will alternate throwing rings until each player has thrown all his/her rings.
- Players waiting to throw at the other end will take score and resume throwing the rings back to the other cone target when it is their turn.
- The beginning of the round is completed when both players throwing from the first cone throw all their rings at the opposite target. The end of the round is completed when the remaining players throw all their rings at the opposing target.
Slam Doubles Play – Is an action-packed version of play that allows players on the same team to hit a stray ring on to the target cone or board to help add to the score. Players cannot grab the ring and must us an open hand when attempting to hit the ring. However, if a player steps on the scoreboard or grabs the ring ___while attempting to hit a ring on to the target, the points will not count.
For beginners and children, the front edge of the cone targets can be placed as close as needed however, 10 feet apart is typical for beginners and children under 12 years of age. For intermediate players, the front edge of the cone target shall be placed 15 feet apart and 20 feet apart for advanced play.
The approved scoring method for ThroGlo is, “cancellation” scoring. In cancellation scoring, the points of one player cancel out the points of their opponent. Using this method, only one player/team can score points when throwing against their opponent during the respective round.
Any ring that is not a ringer, leaner or has landed on the scoreboard is deemed outside of the scoring parameters. The game ends and a winner is determined when the first team or player reaches or exceeds 21 points.
ORIGINAL - 3 POINT SCORING - Any player that scores a ringer will receive 3 points. Any glow ring that leans on the cone or touches any part of the base or lands inside the double diamond circle (must cross the line), that player will receive 2 points. Each ring that lands inside the single diamond circle will receive 1 point. If both players score the same during their respective turn the score will cancel out in accordance with “cancellation scoring”.
ADVANCED - 5 POINT SCORING- Any player that scores a ringer will receive 5 points. Any glow ring that leans on the cone or touches any part of the base will count as a leaner and receive 3 points. Any ring that lands inside the double diamond circle (must cross the line), that player will receive 2 points. Any ring that lands inside the single diamond circle will receive 1 point. If both players score the same during their respective turn the score will cancel out in accordance with “cancellation scoring”.
DIMENSIONS AND STANDARDS
ThroGlo has adopted the following equipment specifications and standards:
- ThroGlo collapsible targets are cone shaped and fluorescent green in color. Each target is 18 inches in height with a 9-7/8” x 9-7/8” base and a weight of 2-1/2 pounds each. The targets are illuminated by pressing the power button on the underside of the base. 2 modes: Blinking mode or continuous mode. Each cone target requires 2 AAA batteries, (batteries not included). Cone targets are water resistant, NOT WATERPROOF. Do NOT submerged in water.
- ThroGlo rechargeable rings are 8-1/2 inches in diameter. Each kit contains 4 rings: 2 red rings and 2 blue rings. (Additional rings can be purchased at ThroGlo.com). Example: Team A throws the red rings and Team B two blue rings. The rings are rechargeable and include USB recharging cables. DO NOT OVER CHARGE. Over charging or use of a 3.0 quick charger may cause battery damage. Full charge takes roughly 30 to 40 minutes. The glow rings are water resistant with charging port closed, “NOT WATERPROOF”. Do NOT submerged in water or leave out in heavy rain.
- ThroGlo target boards are circle mats that allow players to score without getting a ringer. Each target board is 87cm in diameter with markings to indicate 1-point (single diamond) or 2-point (double diamond).